The Nevada Department of Transportation is announcing street and ramp closures for Jan. 23-28 as part of continuing Reno Spaghetti Bowl improvements.
EAST FOURTH STREET CLOSURE
- East Fourth Street closed overnight between Galletti Way and Sixth Street 8 p.m.-6 a.m. Jan. 24-Feb. 1. Please use marked detours. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained.
KIETZKE LANE CLOSURE
Southbound I-580 bridges over Kietzke Lane are being renovated/widened. Detours posted.
- Kietzke Lane closed overnight between Kuenzli Street and Galletti Way from 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. nightly January 23-28.
MILL/SECOND STREET RAMP CLOSURES
- Access from southbound I-580 to Second Street and/or Mill Street intermittently closed from 8:00 p.m – 6:00 a.m. nightly. January 23 – 28.
- Access to one route, either Second Street or Mill Street, will remain available.
SPAGHETTI BOWL RAMP CLOSURES
- These spaghetti bowl ramps will intermittently close from 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. nightly January 23 – 28. Additional periodic ramp closures to continue through 2022.
Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395
Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580
Westbound I-80 to southbound I-580 (anticipated to take place evenings
of Jan. 26 and 27).
Schedule is subject to change.
The improvements are part of construction of the first phase of NDOT’s spaghetti bowl renovations, known as Spaghetti Bowl Xpress. Over the next two years, the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 Spaghetti Bowl ramp will be widened to two lanes and eastbound Interstate 80 lanes between Wells Avenue and the Spaghetti Bowl striped. On southbound I-580, auxiliary merge lanes and improved ramps will also be added between the Spaghetti Bowl and Plumb Lane, along with sound and aesthetic walls. The first phase of construction will not require relocation of any residences.